Wednesday 2 May 2012

Board not Bored!!

    I had a lovely afternoon today, we all have commitments and time pressures and a couple of free hours is worth so much. I had an enforced 3 hours at home as I was waiting for the delivery of our new boiler, my son was going to nanny and grandads and Mr M was at work, completely home alone!
    So, I decided to do my own little project... I've gained so much inspiration from other blogs that I follow and when my ironing board looked like it had seen  better days rather than go straight to the Argos catalogue I thought I'd see what I could do to renovate it. The cheapest ironing board on the website was around £20 but mine was still in good condition and perfectly serviceable it was just the covers and  foam  that had seen better days. I found new foam, a felt liner and a new cover on ebay for around £15. I bought some cheap gingham to go over the cover as my ironong board is on show in the  kitchen and I like it to be a feature.
    Total cost £23!
    Here are the before and after  photos. :-)
My renovation kit!
Shabby not chic!
Naked!



2 Layers!


All finished and pride of place in my kitchen!
Thanks for looking! :-)

6 comments:

  1. Wow - that's lovely and given me the push I need to sort out my ironing board xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, I'm considering crochet for a new skill, I loved the cardigan you made x

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks lovely - now post a picture of the EMPTY ironing basket!
    blessings xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Angela, don't be daft! It's far too pretty to iron on! ;-) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the gingham fabric, would look great in my cottage too.

    We need to cover our board....ummmm.

    Sft x

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the gingham cover and even more love your name... I have a maisy and almost called my youngest mabel - you have excellent taste! Am approaching the big four o too!!!!!! x

    ReplyDelete

I love to read any comments, thanks for stopping by x